Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Christmas stitching

Since I haven't posted since October, I figured I'd update my stitching. I haven't gotten much done, I have several projects going and a bunch lined up, I just don't take the time to sit down and work on them. Shame on me!

These are ornaments I did for two exchanges for Christmas, the first was for RoseMary. It's one of Midnight Stitching's quaker snowmen. I stitched it on white opalescent evenweave with DMC and the blue is HDF silk in a variegated Sapphire. The border fabric is also sparkly, it was so pretty all finished up.



This is the ornament that RoseMary sent to me. I love the gold metallic border. I'm a fan of blackwork so I especially liked it.


The next ornament was for someone who shall remain unnamed. In other words, I got burned in this exchange. I stitched this one on white opalescent evenweave with a DMC variations and a metallic silver. I made the cording and tassel from the same threads. I used Patsy's tutorial to finish it, this was a first for me of this type of ornament.


Speaking of Patsy, she sent me this beautiful ornament in place of the one I didn't get from my exchange partner. Patsy is a wonderful person and her ornaments are gorgeous. Thanks Patsy!


This next one I actually finished stitching in March of 2008. It was supposed to be a birthday gift for my mom. Well guess what she got for Christmas? LOL I wanted to give it to her in person, and since we live 700 miles apart, I had to wait until we could make the trip. I bought the frame from AC Moore and painted it a sequin black. This is Dragon Dreams' Blackwork Princess. It was stitched on Sugar Maple Fabric's wyvernwing lugana with HDF silks in Dragon Hoard and one of the Ultra Violets.

So that's it for my Christmas stitching, for now. I have an ornament that is 95% complete, I just have one or two things left to do on it and then send it on it's merry way. I hope the recipients don't mind getting a Christmas ornament mid-year!!

No comments: