Friday, October 24, 2008

Halloween Stitching

I finished up a couple of Halloween projects this week. The first is a banner, the pattern is called Long Spider and is by Annalee Waite Designs. I stitched it with glow-in-the-dark floss. I think the buttons are a nice touch, the web is a purchased button, but the spider and ghosts are handmade. (not by me!) They were sent to me in a button exchange, the ghosts are black which I thought was unusual, but hey, I used them anyway! They are actually holding the ribbon on, in case you were wondering where they were. The one side looks a little wonky where I stitched the opening closed, I'm not that great at sewing, by hand or by machine, but I try. LOL This is a gift and I really hope the recipient likes it. I can't say who yet because they haven't gotten it yet.



Next is some San Man Originals members only patterns from last Halloween. I actually did stitch them last Halloween, but just got around to finishing them into ornaments this week. I wasn't in a big hurry to finish them because I didn't have a tree to put them on. I found one at AC Moore a week or so ago, it was super cheap and cute so I grabbed it. Hence the ornament finishing, they would have sat in a drawer for another year if I hadn't found the tree. :)

I dyed the orange and purple fabrics with RIT dye, the others are just fiddler's lite and marbled aida. The fabric they are sitting on is what I backed them with.





My tree is a little bare, I think it needs something on top, and maybe a thin orange bow here and there. The cute little witch ornament was sent to me in a Halloween exchange by Elizabeth L. Isn't it so cute? I'll have to take a photo of everything she sent me. She's a great exchange partner!

3 comments:

Suzanne said...

cute Halloween finishes! I should do a tree like that for seasonal stuff too....someday.

Pam said...

Your finishes are great. They look awesome.

Shannon Masayo said...

Hello there! You don't know me but I am Cody's sister. I'm so jealous you get to be there with them, but so grateful too, that they have good people like you and Rusty in their lives! They sure love you guys! Maybe one day we can meet! Anyway our grandma that Makenna is named after used to cross stitch, so I love it! I should start again!