Sunday, March 21, 2010

Happy Spring!!

Yay, Spring is here!! I'm looking forward to the sunshine and flowers. I can't wait to plant a bunch of daisies in my new back yard. Which reminds me....so much has happened since my last post.....almost an entire year ago! Too much to put into one post, that's for sure. We are now in Colorado instead of Georgia. It's beautiful here, we have an awesome view of Pike's Peak from our neighborhood. The mountains are breathtaking, I never get tired of looking at them, they're so impressive.

I've been busy learning to quilt, on my own. I finished my first quilt top yesterday, a very small postage stamp quilt. I made a lot of mistakes, but I think it's a good first try. I've assembled a quilt before, from a vintage quilt top I bought a long time ago. It looks like it may have been someone's first try also, which suits me fine. My daughter claimed it, she's been using it on her bed ever since! Next I'm going to do a simple top with flannel squares.

For my fellow quilters and crafters, Leah of Burgundy Buttons is giving away a Verna jelly roll! Go on over to Park City Girl's blog, Amy's Creative Side for the details on how to enter.

Enjoy this beautiful day!

No comments: